Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Can You Relate?

Sometimes you feel out of place-- like an actor in your own life-story. "What am I doing here? Is this real? Why am I doing this? Am I where I'm supposed to be? Did I miss something? Was I supposed to...? Is this the right...? How do I ...? Why...? Get me the Philips-Head Screwdriver! I know what to do! I am a real doctor! I don't just play one on TV!!! Nurse, I need the anaesthetic at once! Take this on an empty stomach! Administer the usual dose via the eye socket--specifically the tear ducts! A strict regimen must be adhered to in just such a way as to effect the desired outcome! This is SCIENCE!!! I'm talking about empirical knowledge here! No guesswork! Just the facts ma'am! Where were you on the night of October 27th, 2006? So you did it! I smell a rat! You're going to the big house, Charlie! The ability to see multiple viewpoints only exacerbates the problem!"

3 comments:

Adam Tavares said...

Oh I can relate...

Most people spend their days either planning their future or living in the past... they're investing or reminiscing... creating a new character or reliving their favorite past role... but if they stop and take in the present moment their identity just *poof* ups and disappears. I have that feeling several times a day. Especially when I'm looking over credit card statements.

Jeff said...

not only do you have all those problems, but you have Chinese students in Kunming who are big fans of spongebob. I tell them I saw your drawings when you were 6 years old. they are awed...in china...by kenny.

Kenny P. said...

I'm not worthy!