Wednesday, January 02, 2008

WDYW?WDYRW?WDYWIF?


This is another Da-Da desk artifact. I love finding these.

I think the image of the guy with the bowl derives from the simple zen monastery practice of washing out your food bowl after every meal. It's a method of cultivating mindfulness. The long division is just me working out the required setting on the copier--for myriad layouts (background designs). The filth is just filth: accumulated layers of workday sediment.

During today's excavation, I also found a scrap of paper on which I'd written:

What do you want?
What do you really want?
What do you want it for?

I don't remember on what website I saw that, but when I rediscovered it, it seemed like it would go well with the image of the guy cleaning out his cranium. It's good to clarify your intentions. And, it's also good to clean off your desk.

3 comments:

Sharon Spotbottom said...

What do you want?
What do you really want?
What do you want it for?

I'm picturing cheerleaders!

Dominic said...

Cleaning out your cranium - something we all should do for the New Year.

david said...

nice leg anatomy. that brain washing or eating is pretty funny. thats a lot of division.