Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm Such a Busybody


Here at work they recently installed new coffeemakers that are extremely easy to operate. ANYONE could do it. They even posted clear instructions on how to operate the machines in plain sight. Yet, almost every time I walk in the upstairs kitchen to get a cup of coffee, BOTH pots (Regular and Strong-- I won't acknowledge the existence of Decaf) are empty. I can almost understand that happening in the late, late afternoon, but it happens in the morning, too.

I don't get it. Why not take a little time to be considerate? Why enrage your coworkers? Why risk incurring the brute hatred of the caffeine-deprived? WHY???

So, I printed this out and put it up in the kitchen today. Feel free to print one out for your own workplace, if needed. Just let me know, won't you?

8 comments:

Vincent Waller said...

You make the world soooo much prettier.

Sharon Spotbottom said...

Exceptional.

Dominic said...

Put one up warning against the making of flavored coffee!

Sharon Spotbottom said...

Do you have a drawing available addressing the 'issue' of unclean unisex bathroom stalls in the workplace.
I'd like to post that one!!!

Holley T said...

you should submit this to one of my v.v. fav blogs Passive-agressive (or just plain aggressive) notes!

david said...

this is an awesome drawing. i hope people feel guilty when they see this sign. really guilty.

Kenny P. said...

Thanks Vince. You're pretty cute yourself!

Thanks Sharon.

Dominic: Good idea! Luckily it hasn't been an issue. In fact, it's not even an option with the new coffee system.

Sharon 2: I write notes like that in feces...directly on the wall.

Holley: That's a funny blog! I guess I should submit it.

David: Thanks. I'm SURE it will work! Notes like that ALWAYS work.

becky said...

That drawing kicks ass a thousand times!!!!!! I luv it, luv it, luv it. We're both on a dragon-kick, these days. Coolio, man. That is the WORST when you're all excited about coffee and it's an empty pot. That's poopy, man.