Friday, March 05, 2010

The Way Out

A few weeks ago I had one of those epic, powerful, symbol-drenched dreams that leaves it's footprints all over your psyche for a good long time. This (bad, lazy) drawing shows the last "scene" of the dream: I found myself in a big room filled with people selling and yelling about their different dogmas and "answers" to all the Big Questions. It was like a big bazaar-- loud, confusing, claustrophobic-- and I just wanted to get out of there. I think I said, in my exasperation, something like, "How do I get out of here?" And, that's when I looked over and saw this: A heart-shaped tunnel of brick in the wall, and outside the window I saw someone running away--Free!

Cool, eh? Love is the answer, I guess.

1 comment:

becky said...

Oh, that gave me the chills. Nice!