Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blood & Heads


I gave blood today, and the blood drive was held at the Burbank Elks Lodge. As I lay there bleeding, staring into the dead, glass eyes of a bodyless elk's head, I wondered "If you have a club named after a certain animal, why would you hang the severed head of said animal on the wall of your clubhouse?" I would think that you might want to show respect to, and admiration for, the namesake of your fraternity rather than take a buzzsaw to its corpse and display what you cut off on the wall!

Maybe they could change their name to "The Severed Heads Club."

8 comments:

Ryan Khatam said...

this is a great drawing

alexis said...

i really like your work. the colors and textures are great.

Kenny P. said...

Thanks guys!

Sharon Spotbottom said...

Butcher shops always had a cow or a pig advertising them. or take the fosters farms chickens for instance.
they run around drinking soda, driving cars, then we eat them. well not me, i like my chickens to only eat other chickens but we'll save that for another post.
yes, respect the elk, dont decapitate, stuff, and mount him, then eat his body.
what is wrong with us?!!!

Dominic said...

I have a severed head of cabbage mounted on my wall - and I don't care what anyone thinks!

Vincent Waller said...

I'm starting a Kenny's club! sleep lightly my friend, sleep lightly.

Kenny P. said...

Gulp!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really like that drawing a lot, man! Strange-o, strange-o. Funny how dead animal heads are a lot less freaky than dead human heads to us humans. Yeah, along similar lines to other commenters, it'd be funny to start a philanthropist club! ha ha ha!