Saturday, March 24, 2007

Incubate


This morning as I rode my bike to work I was passed in the opposite direction by this guy dressed in black riding a big, tough motorcycle and projecting this image of bad-ass motherf***er. He was so over the top that it seemed obvious that he must have been trying to cover up some kind of MAJOR insecurity.

It was at that moment that I came up with the idea of looking at people while holding in mind the mental image or the thought of a baby. It seemed like it made it easier to see what they were up to, if you know what I mean.

Come to think of it, I guess the very act of formulating of this exercise exposes MY little insecurities, too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea, man. There's a lot to that, that baby thing. I think almost all of us have at least some portion of our psyche that's still kinda a little baby. Dunno why that is, but it seems to be pretty widespread. That's what I think, anyway. I mean, in psychotherapy, people regress all the time to various ages. It's strange that certain ages would be preserved in a seeming adult.

Anonymous said...

Goatees: baby beards

Aaron Paetz said...

I cant imagine Kenny as a baby.

Kenny P. said...

I never was.

david said...

hahahah